– Today we ask the age-old question. – Will it hair gel? – Let’s talk about that. (funky electronic music) (fire crackles) – Good Mythical Morning. – Don’t forget to subscribe to
our podcast YouTube channel. New episodes of Ear Biscuits every Sunday at YouTube.com/EarBiscuits. – Now, you may not know this about us, but Rhett and I both care
a lot about our hair. Big surprise, I know, I once took my hair on a
relaxing weekend getaway to Red Rock Casino Resort
and Spa in Summerlin, Nevada. – Hmm, and I recently
bought a $10 million term hair insurance policy. – Totally worth it, but
if hair makes the man, and then hair gel makes the hair, then hair gel could be made out of men. Or other things, it’s time for– – [Rhett and Link] Will It Hair Gel? – Okay so the Mythical team
has agreed to help us out by lending their hair for
us to do these tests on. – Starting with Jordan. Come on out, Jordan. – Oh yeah, pull up a chair–
– Hey. – And bring in your
thing, yes, here it is. Now (chuckles), you guys
know I’m big on efficiency, especially when it comes
to morning routine, so if I can use one
substance for two purposes– – Yep.
– I’m on board, so Jordan, as you know, we’re gonna
see if we can use toothpaste as a hair styling product. – That seems like a good idea. – (chuckles) Yeah.
– Yeah, potentially. – I hope it makes for
an entertaining video. – Yeah, we’re calling this Aquafresh net. – It looks like it could be hair gel. You know what I’m saying?
– It really does. – It looks like that–
– Oh but when you, okay. – Remember that LA Style? – Oh LA Looks.
– LA Looks, yes. – That was good gel.
– Yes. – Speaking of style, we’re
gonna style your hair in the form of a Pompadour. – Grab a handful.
– The key for gel is, first you gotta–
– Right. – [Rhett] You wanna emulsify. – Okay so that, the heat is helping. – Wow your hair is so springy.
– Curly. – Thank you. It’s because I don’t usually
put toothpaste in it. That’s probably why it’s so healthy. – Okay wow, I gotta go back for more. Your hair is absorbing this. It is just drinking
this toothpaste up, boy. It’s awesome. – It feels nice, it’s nice to be touched. – It smells so fresh.
– (laughs) Nice to be touched. – Well hold on, at this point we’re just like kneading his hair. – I’m just having a good time. – Let’s try to style it, like here’s the reference photo, Rhett. – Making biscuits.
– I’m just trying to get it in there so now I’m gonna
start trying to get it up. Grab that comb over there Link, ’cause it’s got bigger gaps in it and I think I might be able
to comb out a little bit here to get to the rockabilly look. – Well don’t hurt the man. – [Rhett] Oh gosh,
that’s not gonna happen. – So we’re getting some
clumping which is not great for hair gel.
– Well and it’s doing something that you don’t
want your hair gel to do and that is it’s not
dissolving into the hair, it just turned his hair green. It turned his hair the color of the gel, which is that a bad thing? (Jordan chuckles nervously) – I don’t know. (Rhett laughs) – All right so–
– You tell me, audience. Do I look terrible? Let us know in the comments. Don’t let us know.
– That’s good, that’s good. – I just think this is what we need. – Yeah.
– This is what we need– – You just don’t wanna–
– And then, this is what we need.
– Show too much of the back. – [Link] This is what we need. – This is what we need.
– This is what’s happening. This is how we do it.
– Yeah I’m sorry. – It never stays the same
so you can’t catch on. – (laughs) I just wanna chant with you. Let me chant.
– All right so– – I want it to come up more though. – Story of my life.
– It needs a little more body. – Yeah it’s too heavy. The only positive that
I can point out is that it is so fresh smelling. – Yeah it does smell like–
– You look super punk rock. – Thank you.
– You know, you don’t look at all like our reference picture but you look like somebody
that, I mean I’d be scared of. – Yeah, I mean I feel like maybe I could take down the system at this point. – I’ve never been–
– Stick it to the– – Scared of you, but
I’m scared of you now. – Cool, I like that. – That’s not the definition
of success, so toothpaste, will it hair gel? – [Rhett, Link and Jordan] No. – Now I never met a queso I didn’t like, but a lot of people
hate the Chipotle queso, so we thought maybe
it’ll work as a hair gel. We got Christine here to help us out and we blended up the queso
with some Chipotle chips for some added structure. We call this gelpotle. – Mm, smells like you want
your hair to smell I guess. – Actually I think it smells
good, let’s do this, I mean– – Oh yeah ooh.
– I feel like ooh. It’s really–
– It’s thick. – It’s gelled up quite a bit.
– Congealed. – We’re trying to make
you look like this version of Kristen Stewart.
– It’s basically a simulated undercut with a swoop. – I feel like if you drink too much, this is what will be in
your hair anyway, so. – It does have that–
– Ugh come on, ugh. – Sorry. (laughs) – It’s your hair, not mine. Thank you for volunteering.
– You know. – Oh, this is– – I’m known for volunteering
for many things– – It’s not really–
– In my life. Very, very giving person. – It’s really–
– Now I’m gonna go with the undercut. Maybe you should–
– Try to get. – It’s really cold.
– I’m just trying to work it into the hair a little bit. It really doesn’t– – What you wanna do Rhett
is simulate the, oh yeah, and then, we gotta take what’s left. This is all we got to work with and this is gonna make the undercut part. – The undercut part. – [Rhett] So really just
slather it on right there. – Right here. – I feel like I fell
asleep at a bad party. – Get that and then get
this worked in here. – And then pull the hair over the ear. The key is to keep the ear
exposed on the undercut side. – And this just kinda hangs down. This is sorta like I don’t care. That side is just supposed
to look like you don’t care. Okay I think maybe we’ve
done enough to evaluate. – The smock is working.
– Actually the more that I do that, it really
starts, the slick down part really starts to work. – Yeah but then Link,
just look at her in whole. (crew laughs) Yeah I mean like, if you
zero in right here, maybe, but then when you kinda zoom
out and get the full picture, I think it’s very clear to see. Chipotle chips and
queso, will it hair gel? – [Rhett and Link] No. – Okay for this next one
we thought it’d be fun to combine the punk
qualities of super hold gel and super bright hair
color into one product. We also thought putting melted
crayons in hair would be fun. Now I could be wrong about this, but we may be wrong about that. – (chuckles) That’s true. – This is Mike Paisley. He is our art director and
a lot of the amazing things you see here, set-wise are
designed and built by him. So we think that this blue
color will suit you well as well a faux-hawk. – So if this doesn’t work or if we have to shave your head completely, it’s ultimately your fault right? – Are you gonna shave it? – When you touch it, it dries quick. – Oh gosh.
– So maybe just get. Here I’m gonna hold it close.
– What if you just pour it? – Yeah, it’s a great idea. – Because then it’s
gonna harden everywhere. – Just pour it and I’ll move it. You pour and I’ll move. – Oh gosh.
– I’ll work. – Ooh.
– Oh it’s warm. – Ooh. It’s like I’m gettin’ a shampoo. – Oh yeah look, look at that.
– Oh yeah. – A blue shampoo.
– I like what’s happening. – We’re Smurfing you up, man. – You’re right on top of my hands. Oh gosh, that’s on the shoulder. – Oh yeah now smoosh that together. David Beckham faux-hawk style. – This is really working.
– Oh yeah! – [Rhett] It is dyeing and
it is really doing the job. Come on the sides ’cause
he has a weird thing, it flattens on the side
so come on this side. Yeah and just, I’m gonna
hit it with a flatter. – It’s flattened, flattened?
– Flattener. – Oh it smells–
– Good! – It smells like school. – [Rhett] That’s awesome. Now do the same thing on this side.
– Okay now this side. Now turn that way. – Okay here we go so, oh, that’s a lot. – This is a good time. – [Rhett] It is pretty hot. (laughs) – Yeah. – You look so hot right now, Paisley. Get the front parts, dude. – Oh, I mean, you know. You don’t wanna look
like you care too much. – Oh oh gosh, keep your eyes closed. Don’t worry, it’ll harden
and they’ll never open. – Okay.
– Oh my word. – [Rhett] Hold on, Link,
I think you can stop. – I can walk around in the
rain and not get wet now. – Look at that.
– This is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. – [Link] Melted crayons, will it hair gel? – [Rhett and Link] Yes! – Now I tried spreading
my hair gel on a crostini and sprinkling a little
finishing salt on it but honestly it doesn’t
do that much for me. But bone marrow is not
only a delicious appetizer, it’s basically just cow gel. We’re going to use this
and we call it cowlick. – Okay–
– Fun. – We’re gonna try to do a 90s boy haircut that doesn’t actually
have a name but well, this is a reference of a young Joe Jonas. – [Rhett] I feel like we
can do that with your hair. – I think so, yeah.
– You’ve got a perfect palette for this. – I don’t know if you knew
this but your hair’s lighter in the area where we’re
gonna make it stand up. – Okay–
– That’s, ah, that’s so gross.
– No it’s not. – [Rhett] So you already
worked it all out of the bones. These bones are just for reference, right? – Oh gosh. No you can get some more out
of there, we may need it. So again, it’s already going
in the right direction but– – Oh gosh.
– Let’s make sure. – [Rhett] It is– (Link groans) There’s a lot of solids in here. – The sound, oh, ew. – [Rhett] I’m just gonna
put my hands on your head (chuckles) and just start working. – Yeah yeah and just–
– Oh my God. – We’re just gonna,
that feels good, right? – Ugh.
– That’s part of the, that’s a bonus.
– Actually, so, if it wasn’t for the
actual pieces of like– – Fat.
– Fatty parts. I mean it does a really,
it’s a great greasy thing. I used to use a pomade called Murray’s that was basically this. – [Davin] Smells like coconut oil. – I’m gonna just really work–
– Cowconut oil. (Davin laughs) – [Rhett] Really work that right there. – Davin thinks I’m funny.
– Yeah. (laughing) – That’s why he’s here. Oh you’re already going up with it, huh? Here I’m gonna put my hand
here and brush against the hand and then smoosh against the hand. – Oh boy.
– Smoosh against the hand. – [Rhett] Let a little more hair out here. – Okay yeah yeah. What do you call that
streak in the front, Davin? Style. (Davin sputters) – Style?
– Style. – All right.
– Now you call it the– – When do I remove my hand
or is it here permanently? – I think you might
have to never take your, you might have to never take your hand out of Davin’s hair again. Okay just try, just try, just release very, very, very gently. – On three. Two. One. – It works.
– Look to the side. Not that far, don’t look–
– Oh, oh. – It’s a little messy on that side. – Oh, oh gross.
– I think the problem is your hair, not the gel though ’cause it’s a little too long
for what we’re trying to do. – I think if we were to
filter it a little bit. Yeah, fan it out. (Davin, crew laugh) Yeah, there you go. That’s exactly what Joe looks like. – [Link] Bone marrow. – [Rhett and Link] Will it hair gel? Yes! – Did you know that fish
bladder can be turned into an adhesive? – No but I can act like I did. – An adhesive is
basically hair gel, right, so we took some fish bladders and– – Why do fish need bladders? That’s just one question. You’re in water already.
– That’s true. – Why is it not just– – Isn’t their whole body a bladder? – It’s just a free-flowing
thing, but whatever. There are fish bladders.
– Look at that though. It’s like a– – [Rhett] But you can’t
put that in your hair. – [Link] Deflated, oh goodness. – Okay–
– Just urinated. – So we didn’t wanna subject
any of our team members to this so we’re submitting ourselves. If you were wondering,
oh they’re just doing all this to their employees, well now we’re doing the worst one to us. – What we did was we
got some swim bladders, we soaked ’em in water overnight,
kneaded them into a blob, cooked ’em in water at 140
degrees until it all dissolved, filtered it and created
what could be hair gel. – Could be.
– All right so– – And we’re–
– I don’t want my hands to smell like fish I just want
my hair to smell like fish. – Me neither, and speaking of
fish, we are styling our hair to look like one of the guys from Phish. What’s his name, Trey–
– Anastasio. – Anastasio. ‘Cause I think it’s sort of
like our hair goes up now but let’s bring it down. – Yeah. – Oh ho ho ho!
– Oh my gosh. It is like a glue.
– Oh it’s so thick! – Oh gosh. And again, you just gotta– – It feels so wrong.
– Just gotta go for it. I’m gonna go back first. – It smells so strong!
– If I vomit, I’m just gonna throw it
in there too, who cares. – It’s so adhesivey. My hair does not like to
cooperate but I’ll tell ya, this fish bladder juice. – I don’t wanna bring it onto my forehead. – Well I’m there, brother. (chuckles) – I mean, he’s got the wings. I’m gonna try to re-approximate my wings but I don’t have the side hair to do it. – [Rhett] Yeah how do you
get it to come out like that? – Here, help me out and I’ll help you out. – You don’t have a lot of hair anymore. There’s not a lot to do up here. – [Link] If I bring it down further, you’re gonna look more like– – [Rhett] You gotta get
it turning to your eye. – Oh gah, don’t get it in my eye. – [Rhett] Not in your
eye but around your eye, and then you gotta–
– You need some wings. Oh, yeah, yeah, that’s working. – [Rhett] You don’t have
any hair on the sides of your head anymore, what happened? – [Link] Well I cut it. Remember that? – [Rhett] Okay that’s as
much wings as I can get. – Okay hold on look at me. – [Rhett] Any more and you’ll fly away. – Okay, yes, there you go. Playing the Phish.
(crew laughs) Look at me, jam banding it out, man. Is this working? We just plastered–
– Can you smell the patchouli? – I can smell something. We basically just plastered our hair down. – But hold on.
– I don’t think this works in a jam band situation. Yours is better than mine.
– It might not be in a jam band situation but to me, this behaved the most like
hair gel of anything so far. – Are you looking at my hair? – (chuckles) Yeah, it looks great. – Oh thank you.
– You don’t look like, I mean I could do all
kinds of stuff with it. – Yeah yeah yeah.
– I mean you don’t look like a Phish guy but you can, you know, there’s all kinds of
things, it does anything that you want it to do. It’s so cooperative. – You know what Rhett,
now that you defended it, you’re exactly right. – Fish bladder–
– Will it hair gel? – Yes!
– Yes! All right, there we go. I guess I will put my glasses back on. Oh, you do look great. – Yeah, now that you can see clearly, you see that I look like, you know what, let’s, when is Phish coming to town? (both chuckle) Let’s go to a Phish–
– We know what we’re gonna look like.
– Let’s go to a Phish concert smelling like this. – May I recommend our own
proprietary hair pomade. – Oh yeah.
– Mythical Pomade, available at Mythical.store. – Thanks for liking,
commenting and subscribing. – You know what time it is. – I’m Joel. – I’m Bryson. – [Girls] We’re the stylists. – [All] And it’s time to spin
the Wheel of Mythicality. – They’re all over it.
– Hey hey hey! Peanut butter hair, don’t care. Click the top link to see
some embarrassing hairstyles from Mythical team members’
past in Good Mythical More. – And to find out where the Wheel of Mythicality’s gonna land. Did you know your
clothes can tell a story? Well check out Post Apawcalypse, a Mythical storywear collection
now at Mythical.store.