– Does anyone truly not like bacon? – Let’s talk about that. (alarm rings)
(playful theme music) (fire blasts) – Good Mythical Morning! – First up, if you’d like
to win a trip to visit us and watch the show being made, listen up! – Yeah, go to Mythical.store
and look for this limited edition Silver GMM Logo Tee. It is only available
through tonight actually. October 12th, midnight Pacific time. – And one lucky person will receive this one of a kind Golden GMM Logo Tee which will be their official ticket into the Mythical studio and a GMM experience beyond their wildest imagination. – All you gotta do is go to Mythical.store and click on the Silver
GMM Tee for all of the info and rules on how to enter. Good luck. – Yes, now, today, a few weeks back, we played a game where
I asked you to predict internet confession videos.
– Mhm. – And we had one from
our friend Miranda Sings’ alter ego Colleen Ballinger. – And I don’t like bacon. I know, what! – I do remember this. And I do remember right after that, you went off!
=Mhm. You don’t like bacon? You’re freakin’ kidding me right now? You call yourself a YouTuber? You know what I’ve done to get here? I’ve had pig anus in my mouth! When good men hear that
somebody doesn’t like bacon, those men act.
– Yes. – But we’re not waiting anymore. Please give a good Mythical
welcome to Colleen Ballinger! (cheering and applauding)
(game show music) – Look at that! Grand entrance! – I know, so exciting. – Pull up a chair.
– I will, hello. – Sit on down. – Thanks for having me.
– Hugs. – Oh you’re hugging me
but I don’t like bacon. (Rhett chuckles)
I was nervous. I didn’t know what I was gonna come into. – I’m not hugging you yet. – I feel like because,
that was pretty aggressive. I don’t know–
– Well, it’s not the first time someone
has done that to me. Anytime anyone finds
out I don’t like bacon, they get very upset. – Right.
– Okay good. Well then we are upset,
I’ll take the hug back. – But we really, really appreciate you accepting the challenge. – Oh I’m excited.
– And being willing to be here.
– But if we accomplish our mission by the end of this episode, you will like bacon. – Okay I’m ready for it. – So are you ready to
embark on a journey of smokey self-discovery? – God. – It’s time for Food Fears: Bacon Edition. So you’re not a vegetarian?
– No, no. – So I’ve never met a non-vegetarian that doesn’t like bacon. What happened to you? – Nothing happened to me. I just, I don’t like bacon. I don’t like that it’s like
salty, crunchy plastic. – Always? – When I was growing up, my
mom would make bacon for us and she’d always burn it to a crisp. Like black charcoal burnt. – Oh you mean like this? – See like this piece kinda right here. You guys, there’s like
snail tracks on this. (Rhett laughs)
I don’t understand what is appealing about this. – Okay well step one is
to establish a base line of just how much you hate
bacon and so we thought that we would give you– – We have a picky eater meter here. – Yeah we thought we’d give you the bacon that was the pinnacle of
the bacon that you hate from your childhood.
– Okay. – Would you mind just eating just to– – I will do whatever you want. – We gotta establish–
– Okay, so also– – I would recommend taking that– – The snail trail piece? The burnt one. Yeah I also have to say, this better be the cheapest stuff there is–
– It is. – ‘Cause that’s also what my mom–
– That’s what she did? – She’d get like the cheapest on sale like 99 Cent Store bacon. – Oh, our writers did their research. They knew exactly–
– Oh I can smell it. – What they were doing.
– It’s bad! (Rhett laughs)
(Colleen moans) And I’m pregnant so it’s like even worse. – Hold on I can also smell
it and it smells great. (Rhett laughs) It smells like bacon.
– Okay here we go. Just take it. – That is some crunchy bacon. – It tastes like I’m
eating a plastic fork. – I’ve had much better bacon for sure. – But on a picky eater scale, I mean, I’d still give it a seven. – You’re lying.
– I like crispy bacon. – It just tastes like burnt. It just tastes like burnt nothing. – Okay where would you put the scale? – For sure would be all the way to one. For sure, I would never
voluntarily eat that. – Okay well it looks
like we’ve got our work cut out for us. (mysterious music) – Okay it’s pretty obvious
that you’re blaming this entire thing on your mom. – Okay.
– Which is classic. And that’s okay, at least
you’re being honest. (chuckles)
What is her name? – Gwen. – Gwen.
– Gwen okay. It’s all Gwen’s fault.
– This is Gwen’s fault. – No! (laughs) – So we’re gonna begin
with our own jank version of regression therapy. – Okay this sounds like it
could be permanently damaging, but–
– Oh no no no no. This is gonna be great. – We’re experts.
– Here’s what we’re gonna do. We are gonna, we’ve taken
a little bit of training. We went and looked at a WikiHow. – Okay.
– Here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna take you back
to that initial memory, that initial traumatic bacon event, okay? The first time you remember
your mom serving you this bacon, we’re gonna
address that memory and we’re going to remove
all the power from it. Okay, removing the power from the memory. So go ahead and close your eyes. – Okay. – Take a couple of deep breaths, and take us back to your first
memory of your mama’s bacon. – Okay.
– How old are you? – Probably like seven.
– Seven years old. Where are you?
– In my mom’s kitchen. – Okay what are you wearing? I’m not–
(crew laughs) I’m not trying to make it
weird, I’m just, I want– – I think you made it weird. – No no, that’s part of it. – Made it weird but
yeah, I do wanna know– – I have no idea.
– What are you wearing? – Probably some princess
nightgown pajama outfit. – Put yourself back in
the princess nightgown. – This is weird.
– Jammies. – Okay.
– You’re making your way to the breakfast nook or whatever it is you ate breakfast at. – And what does your mom say? What does she say? – She probably says, “Here’s
your breakfast,” I don’t know. But I’m remembering the
smell pretty viciously. – What did it smell like? – It’s just burning, the smell of burning. – And how’s that make you feel? – Makes me feel like I
don’t wanna eat this. I want cereal. – And what do you say to your mom? – I don’t want that. – No, give it even more power right now. Do you hate the bacon? – I hate it, it’s disgusting. Tell her, straight to her. – Mom, I hate your bacon. – Okay, more emotion,
let’s give it all we got. – Mom, I hate your bacon! – Oh I don’t think she knows yet. – Mom, this bacon is disgusting! I don’t wanna eat it, it’s gross. – It’s like what, Mom? – It’s like burnt plastic,
burnt paper it’s so thin. It’s gross, I don’t want it, Mom. – What does it make you wanna do to Gwen? – Slap her in the face
with the burnt bacon. – Okay. – Let’s pull back a little
bit but let’s get more emotion about the bacon. Just–
– Mom, I hate your bacon. – Mom, I hate your bacon. – Mom, I hate your bacon.
– Mom, I hate your bacon! – Bigger.
– Mom, I hate your bacon! – Mom, I hate your bacon! – Okay, now we’re gonna begin to take the emotion out of that. – Start big, Mom, I hate your bacon. – Mom, I hate your bacon! – Down a little.
– Mom, I hate your bacon. – Less emotion.
– Mom, I hate your bacon. – You’re becoming a robot. – Mom, I hate your bacon. (laughs) – That’s it. – You’re in the right place. – Open your eyes. Now that we have successfully
extricated the emotion from that moment and your
traumatic bacon past, we can move forward.
– Okay. (mysterious music) – At risk of putting my foot in my mouth, I have to ask you, are you pregnant? – Yes, I am.
– Oh good. (chuckles) – Okay we knew that, but tell us about what is something that you’re craving? – All the time?
– Yeah. – Is chili, that’s what I want. – That’s the answer that
our research dictated. – [Rhett And Colleen] Yes. – And I’m very glad.
– We’re going to use a meat that you love, if
chili is a meat, yeah it is. To bridge to a meat that you hate. – Okay. – [Rhett] Okay so we have
two bowls of chili here. – Wait, there’s bacon in this? – Okay no, see this one, not bacon. – [Colleen] Oh okay I see. – We’re gonna start you
with the not bacon chili so you can become
acquainted with this chili, commit to it, and then we’ll
just add a little bit of bacon. – Baby steps.
– I am so excited. – Just enjoy that.
– I can just go in, I can just do it.
– Yes, right. – Okay. This has been my jam. I wonder, I wanna know what kind this is, but I’m just gonna go for it. – [Rhett] Okay, all right. – Oh that’s good. I love chili.
– Okay, great. We’re in a very good place. – Yeah.
– Oh that’s good. Right amount of spice. – Okay, yeah. Josh slaved over this.
– Credit to Josh over there. – Congrats.
– Mythical chef. – Slow roasted.
– Incredible. – You like cooked this for a day? – [Josh] Oh yeah, that was all night. – Really?
– Yeah, overnight. – No way, oh my gosh. – This is not out of a can. – Can we save this?
– Yeah you can save that. – Yeah definitely.
– Now I’ll give you a whole new spoon, a whole new experience. – Oh okay.
– This is the bacon chili. And just let me know what you think. – Just breathe into it. (Link breathing rapidly)
– (chuckles) I’m nervous. Okay, oh gosh. Dripped into my non-bacon. – You’ve soiled your other chili. – This one’s better. (Link laughs) Okay, this one’s good. Here’s the thing–
– Oh it’s still good, okay. – The thing is I can like
taste the flavor of the bacon but there’s none of that
crunchy burnt nasty. – Uh-huh.
– I was expecting like flakes of crunch and there wasn’t. – Okay, all right. Colleen, what if I told you
that both chilis have bacon? (crew laughing)
– Are you serious? – Yeah. (Rhett laughs enthusiastically) – I don’t wanna lose her!
– Woo! – Yeah.
– Yeah! – I’m shook! I really did feel like I
could taste it in this one. – Exactly!
– It’s all in my mind! – It’s in your mind! – Exact same chili.
– You’re lying! – Now we were lying. Now we’re not lying.
– This was all in one– – This has bacon in it? – It was all in one big crock pot. It is exactly the same chili, it’s just, one says bacon on the bowl and one says not bacon on the bowl. (crew laughing) Hey, you know what? We’re making progress.
– Oh my gosh, I’m impressed. I’m so excited! – Hold on now, we’ve got you to like bacon that’s basically hidden in something. – Right. – But that’s not what we’re after. We’re after pure bacon enjoyment. – Yes. – And we’re gonna get you there. (mysterious music) Okay now we’d like to
try to get you to form a positive associated between bacon and something you love and we
know that you love musicals. What’s your favorite musical? – Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim. – Woo! That is great, because
we’ve got a surprise for you that would be very weird if
you had said any other musical. – (chuckles) Oh God. – Just sit right there. – (chuckling) Oh no, I’m nervous. – And buckle up. (orchestral music)
– As you can see, Colleen, I’m the bacon. – And I’m the bacon’s wife. – And we think this might
change your mind about us. (Colleen laughing) – (laughing) This is so intense. (Colleen laughing) Oh my God!
(crew applauding and cheering) – That do anything for ya? – That was incredible. – But are you hungry for
bacon a little bit more? – No I just wanna watch
the rest of the musical. (laughing) – That’s it. – That’s all we rehearsed.
– Dangit! – But we’ve got more for you. (mysterious music) Okay Colleen, we’ve
come to the final step, the moment of truth. – And you know what,
you’ve worked really hard. You’ve been very cooperative. And I feel like she’s ready. – Yep.
– Okay, we would like to present you with what quite possibly is the best bacon on the planet. – Okay.
– Yes. This is thick cut Kurobuta pork, Japanese heritage breed bacon. Sous vide, then seared. AKA, some really good bacon. – Okay. So, it looks the same as all bacon to me. Doesn’t look any different. – Okay, I’m not offended. – Well you guys are bacon connoisseurs. Which one should I go for? – I actually think this
one, the one closest to you is the most uniform. It’s like most evenly cooked. I think that’s the one
that you should try. Which end doesn’t matter. – Okay, oh it’s kinda sog. – Yeah ’cause this is how it’s done. – Now don’t you bite it. – [Rhett] Before you eat it– – We need to reintroduce
the picky eater meter here. Of course, when last we saw the meter, you had placed it squarely on the zero. – [Colleen] Mhm. – So what we’d like for you to do is eat it, process it, take
as much time as you need. – Okay.
– And then, indicate on the scale,
anywhere on the scale, your new relationship with bacon. – Okay, are we ready? – Well I’m just gonna
go ahead and bite some of this bacon before you do. – (chuckles) I’m kinda nervous. – That is the best bacon I’ve ever tasted. Come on now, relax, relax your face. – Mm. – Don’t let us guilt you into an answer. Anywhere you want. This is for real. – Okay, for real.
– This is for real. – Based on everything
that’s happened today. – Mhm. (suspenseful music) (Rhett and Colleen laugh) (suspenseful music) (Rhett laughs) – You know what?
– She moved two whole notches! – That’s 20% improvement! – Woo!
– Right? – Yeah that’s pretty good. (crew applauding) I gotta say, it was the chili. – But not that.
– Not this. This wasn’t horrible though. Like I didn’t eat this and go like, I’m gonna spit this out. I was like, I could swallow this. – We’re claiming victory. – We did it!
– Thank you Colleen so much.
– And be sure to check out her channel Colleen Ballinger on YouTube. – And you know what guys,
we want you to comment below and let us know who
else you want to see us help conquer their food fears,
so put their names below. If that’s other YouTubers,
whoever you want, and you know they fear
some food, comment below. We’ll help ’em. – Thank you for liking,
commenting, and subscribing. – You say you know what time it is. – You know what time it is. – Hi I’m Israel. – And I’m Scott. And we’re here in sunny
San Diego, California on Bacon Street. – And it’s time to spin– – [Together] The Wheel of Mythicality. – How about now? (laughs) – Did that do it for you?
– That did it! Where is the meter?
– Moved you to a three. – Where is the meter?
– I think their arms were stuck like that ’cause
they were there the whole time. – Click the top link to
watch us guess Colleen’s pregnancy cravings in Good Mythical More. – And to find out where the Wheel of Mythicality’s gonna land. – [Rhett] Do you want to win a visit to the Mythical studio? Now’s your chance, go to Mythical.store and click the Silver
GMM Logo Tee to find out how you can win the trip of a lifetime.